← Back to recipes
Gridiron Game Time Dip
Submitted by: Sylvia Barnard
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- (2) 15 oz. cans black beans, rinsed / drained
- 2 tsp fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 14 oz. Wholly Guacamole® dip
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- Melt butter in skillet; add peppers and onion. Cook over medium heat until onion is softened. (4 minutes) Stir in beans, jalapenos and cumin. Cook until heated.
- Transfer 1 cup of bean mixture to a food processor, process until smooth. Return blended mixture to remaining mixture and stir to combine. Spread onto an 11x8 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Just before serving, layer over the bean mixture: salsa, cheese and top with Wholly Guacamole dip
- Spoon sour cream into resealable plastic bag. Snip off small corner and pipe sour cream lines over the guacamole to resemble yard markers on a football field.