← Back to recipes
Wholly™ Meaty Meal Dip
Submitted by: Wholly Guacamole®
- 1 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1 small red bell pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2, 15-oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 tsp fresh chopped jalapeno peppers
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup Wholly Salsa® dip
- 2 cups cheddar or Colby cheese, shredded
- 7 oz Wholly Guacamole dip - spicy or classic flavour
- ½ cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh cooked or pre-prepared fajita strips (chicken or beef) chopped
- Baked flour tortillas or corn tortilla
- Melt butter in 10-inch skillet until sizzling: add red pepper and onion. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until onion is softened (three to five minutes). Stir in beans, jalapenos, and cumin. Continue cooking until heated (two to three minutes).
- Transfer 1 cup of the bean mixture to a food processor or blender, cover and process on high until smooth, approximately 30 seconds. Return blended mixture to remaining bean mixture and stir. Spread bean mixture onto an 11x8 baking dish. Cover and refrigerate two hours or overnight. Note: can be served immediately as a hot dish too!
- Top bean layer with pre-cooked chopped fajita chicken or steak and shredded cheese.
- Just before serving, layer over the bean mixture, salsa, cheese and top with Wholly Guacamole dip.
- Spoon sour cream into a zip-style plastic food bag, Snip off a small corner and pipe sour cream "lines" over the guacamole to resemble yard lines on a football field. Create goal posts with popsicle sticks or skewers and string.
- Notes-- Serve with fat-free tortillas or baked chips. Serves 15.