Roasted Tomato Stuffed Chicken
Submitted by: Wholly Salsa®
- 1 Chicken Breast, butterflied
- Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- 2T Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c Spinach leaves, blanched
- 3T Wholly Salsa Roasted Tomato dip
- Butterfly the chicken breast. Season inside and out with salt and pepper.
- Open the chicken breast and add the cream cheese, spinach and salsa.
- Close the chicken breast and secure with toothpicks or butchers string.
- Pan sear on medium high heat until the chicken becomes golden brown on both sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F or until a temperature of 165°F has been reached
Notes: To butterfly the chicken breast, simply place the knife parallel to the cutting board. Carefully slice the breast in half widthwise almost to the other edge. Make sure not to cut through.
You can also reduce the cook time by pounding the breast thin before butterflying.