← Back to recipes
Grilled Salsa Steak Appetizer
Submitted by: The Beef Checkoff
- 2 beef shoulder top blade (flat iron) steaks (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 cup Wholly Salsa® dip, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 24 large corn tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup Wholly Guacamole® dip
- 24 fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Place beef steaks and 1/2 cup salsa in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 15 minutes to 2 hours. Combine remaining 1/2 cup salsa and chopped cilantro, as desired; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 10 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 12 to 16 minutes) for medium rare (145ºF) to medium (160ºF) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into thin slices; cut slices into bite-size pieces. Arrange chips on platter. Top each chip evenly with reserved salsa mixture, beef and guacamole. Garnish with cilantro leaf, if desired. Serve immediately.